Whenever you record a sale that was either unpaid or paid for in part. It's important to update this transaction when your customer makes a payment or an additional payment.
Adequately updating this payment information allows your Total Net Balance to reflect accurate information about how much balance you are owed and how much cash flow you have.
Kindly follow the steps below to add a payment to your transactions:
- From your transaction screen, select the transaction that you want to update.
- The transaction details will open. At the bottom of your screen, click on the 'Add Payment' button.
- Enter the payment information:
- The payment date
- Amount paid by the customer
- Payment method
- Click on the 'Save' button to record this payment
- Once the payment is updated, it will be reflected in the payment history tab.
The sales information will also be updated and the new balance owed will be less than the amount paid by the customer.